"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Friday, October 13, 2006

Update

Thanks for the positive energy...yes, Adam, positive energy...I really miss you guys. When I watched the news coverage later that evening, I didn't know what to think about what I was seeing. I didn't know what to think about the information I was processing. What I saw on the news was 15, maybe 20 drawn officers searching the yards surrounding the school and neighborhood for 3 African American males, one of which was reported to have had a gun which is what started the chase in the first place. Since the incident occurred, the 2 boys they apprehended admitted to stealing bicycles, but no more or less. The third boy was never caught. He was the one who was supposed to have the gun, but no boy and no gun was found. Even though the lockdown was very real and allowed for a real discussion at our school about crisis intervention and crisis procedure (one week before this happened, the local newspaper had listed our school as the second least safe/secure schools in the area, which we had worked all week it seemed to fix coincidentally), I am frustrated. I do not regret that we went into lockdown mode because the experience was extremely valuable, but I do question WHY we went into lockdown mode. Again, thanks for the well wishes. The last two months have been so difficult for me and I wish I had a good moment at Tokyo to restore the balance. More to come...news at 11> haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home