"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Avoiding the news

...so I have taken to avoiding the news for a little while. I know it isn't very socially responsible of me, but how much negativity can you fit into a 1 hour or even a 1/2 hour broadcast. I can't help but to wonder...if we were bombarded with all of the wonderful things people do for other people, would it change how we perceive mankind? It's interesting the hold that fear and despair have over us. Unfortunately, I don't think many people would watch the happy news channel. Would you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I think a 50/50 mix is what I'd shoot for. Start with the sad, then follow with the happy.

6:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home