"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Friday, August 04, 2006

Happenings!

Welcome to Swanton, Ohio... No, there were actually no welcome signs waiting for me, but my mom was awake when Joel and I pulled into the Harp Homestead around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. We had just come from Chicago ( a slight detour so we could go to Niketown on the Magnificent Mile) which was a little anti-climactic. We didn't buy anything. **And normally, I would love to hit the return key right here, but my dad's computer is not permitting me to do such a thing, so this blog is going to be one GIANT paragraph. Oh, that hurts the teacher's sense of writing pride. ** After Joel and I left Becky's, we headed north, northeast. We decided to take the 80 through Nebraska. I GOT PULLED OVER by two youngin officers. They took both our licenses and decided to only give me a WARNING for going 80 in a 75 and because I didn't have my front plate on the car. The even funnier thing is that in order to give me this warning, the officer to me back to sit in the passenger seat of the cruiser while the other one stayed and talked with Joel. The one I was with was asking some pretty personal questions. At one point when he asked if Joel was staying in Ohio with me or flying back I kindly said..."That is really none of your business." Come to find out at a rest stop a piece down the interstate, there is a lot of drug trafficing through Nebraska from California. Don't Joel and I look like major cocaine dealers? ** After we got through Nebraska, we stopped in Iowa. Yes, everyone, I took Joel the next morning to see the Bridges of Madison County. We even ate at the diner where some scenes were filmed in the movie. It was awesome. The bridge architechture is so cool. They rebuilt one of the bridges that was arsoned and had to bring in some Amish from Southern Iowa to finish it because modern builders were not able to duplicate the structure. I thought that was great.** From Iowa to home, but first we stopped in Chicago as noted earlier. Fun, but wished be had more time. ** Now I am trying to cram a lifetime into a few days. I don't want to let him go. No Simon (thank you Adam for taking care of my baby and posting the picture), and no Joel. At least I have Madissen and a great job! 100 % graduation rate. That is unheard of. I wonder if they know what they hired considering it is the largest conservative district in the Northwest Ohio area. :) I will fit right in, yeah? ** Anyway, time to go. I wanted to get in what I could now. I put Joel on the plane Monday, and I am quite sure all that I would have to write at that point were wonderful sob stories about how much I will him. So, give me until the middle of next week, when I will still miss him, but will hopefully have stopped being a baby about it. See y'all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Glad you had a great trip! Tell Madison we said hello!

5:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are safely back. Tell everyone hi for me. I can't tell you how much it meant to have you visit on your way out. I know it was out of your way but I hope it was worth it.

Things will be fine. No worries kid! talk to you lates!

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Simon continues to be the best kitty ever. Every time I walk into the room, no matter where he is, he flops over and waits for a little belly rub. Too cute.

Besides being adorable and loveable, he's healthy and comfy and doing quite well. Joel will be recieving him in tip top shape.

8:31 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks you guys!

Malisa...same time zone we are! Whoo hoo!

Stigs...If you weren't worth it, I wouldn't have come. You're going to have to talk me through some rough spots coming up.

Adam...You are a magnificent friend! Thank you for such great care of Simon. I miss him so much, but his health is a lot more important than my wishes to cuddle him everyday! Great job!

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home