"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Monday, July 17, 2006

Is anyone still there?

So I am guessing by now that most of you no longer look to see if I have written anything, but I will give it a shot.

Posting has been difficult for me lately, as I no longer have internet access at home. If I have time at school, and not that I really have time right now--I am making time, I sneak onto other's blogs, but have yet to update my own.

It looks as though I will be moving out of CA during the last weekend in July. I am cleaning out my classroom this week and cleaning out my apartment next week.

I am sad to leave my friends and familiarity, but I am saddest that 1) Joel won't be going out there with me, yet. He is driving back with me, but we decided that although it was a good time for me to go (move), it wasn't a good time for him to go (work and basketball). So, I am currently dealing with how to handle life without seeing him everyday. We will make it work, but as I know (and everyone who knows of the situation has told me), it will be hard. AND 2) Simon is staying with Joel for now. I don't think Simon is ready for the trip just yet. He's pretty old.

I promise to post more when I get to Ohio. I will have service then. Madissen will also be starting a blog, so that will be fun!

My best to everyone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I check your blog a few times a week. I look forward to more frequent posts when you get there. Drive safely.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

All the best, Harp. I hope you are able to get established quickly and easily once you get to Ohio.
During the move, are you coming through Colorado? I think I know a place where you could crash!

7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! you can stay with ME! Wish I was there to help you. Give everyone my love and I will talk to you soon.

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for the posts! Yeah! I still have blog-friends!

I am struggling with Mads being gone, though...

Her step-monster let her watch "Rent"...
Good material for a 9-year-old!

12:25 PM

 
Blogger Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I check your blog too. Most of the time I give a sigh of "oh, she hasn't posted anything new." I was glad to not have that sigh today! Woo hoo!

Drive safe. I know what you mean about the cat thing. It's best for Simon. I think if you start to second guess yourself, you should talk to Becky about her trip with the cats, and that will remind you that you are making a good "cat mom" decision. :)

8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah travelling with cats....It was very difficult. not ever looking forward to it again. Simon is a lot older and calmer but still I'm sure it was pretty hard on him. Mine took a long time to adjust.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Good "Cat mom" for Simon and "Good Girlfriend" for Joel but come on...I am not taking my 13 boxes of books with me. The line has to be drawm somewhere. Good thing I have Madissen still to remind me of who I am!

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home