"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Headed for a new beginning...sort of!

Joel and I got to Colorado early this morning to see me bestest buddy, Becky and the Jay. We were exhausted from the trip and managed to get in some good rest before Jay's family took care of us with a much needed fresh food brunch.
.
The rest of the day was spent with Becky and Jay seeing some sights and enjoying one another's company. I realized how much I miss her.

The new beginning I am headed for is in an old "home." I landed a great job at one of the best high schools in Northwest Ohio. I am registered for classes at the University of Toledo. Madissen will be going to to elementary school I went to as a child. All great, but it won't be home until Joel and I have the same address again. I guess I need to work on getting ready for a time when that can happen.

Before Ohio happens, Joel and I have some more miles to cover. No more trying to get there in one day. We only have this week together, so I want to enjoy the rest of the time like it is vacation. That means if the world's largest ball of twine is somewhere in Kansas, well we are going to find it.

So through all of the travels and visiting and bittersweet moments of the week, the question I keep asking myself is if I can begin again in someplace that I thought I ended?

I guess I will find out.

4 Comments:

Blogger kendalljean said...

I am so excited for you. No doubt it will be difficult, but I know you will come through stronger, smarter (if that's possible) and happier than before.

And I think it is great that you and Joel are taking your time. You probably won't read this until after your week, but I hope it is fantastic!

Finally, give Becky a big hug for me! (Becky if you are reading this, I sent you a big hug =P)

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you!

11:36 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks, Kendall!

I will give her that hug for you!

After I get back to Ohio, I will definately keep more up to date with the blog!

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

I put a picture of Simon up on my blog. He's doing really well. He's laying on my bed upside down at the moment, snoring and having dreams it appears. =)

6:31 PM

 
Blogger edluv said...

you totally snuck out of town. i was thinking when you called me on friday, hmm, maybe we can hang out with harp tonight before she leaves town.

next thing i know, adam has your cat and you're gonzo.

glad the trip is going well. you'll have to tell us all aobu the job and life as you get settled.

11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home