"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Next Step

My lasy day at Sanger High School today...bittersweet! Although this is better than if I had left on the last day of the regular school year because most of my friends are already not here so I don't have to say goodbye.

It is weird walking away from fours years of my life here at Sanger. I learned so much about who I am and what I want. I met great people and made life-long friends. I am leaving a better person that I began. Isn't that all I can ask for?

We move Joel into his apartment tomorrow. Ok...I can't say we because I am not going to be moving much. I will be working from within my apartment to load things for both Joel and myself. And I think it goes without saying that I don't really want to be in Joel's new apartment. It makes me sad, but I know it is temporary. We'll be back together for good soon!

I hope to see my Fresno friends before I leave!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

See you next week. I hope my cats behave and are nice to Simon.

6:59 PM

 
Blogger kendalljean said...

I have been gone this past week, but just so you know, I also check your blog regularly. I was pleased to see some new posts. Anyway, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

10:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a weird ride to leave somewhere where you feel grateful for what you have learned and the people you've met affect your life so much.

What I put into perspective was that, that experience has prepared me for this. looking back I wasn't ready to make a big life change such as packing up everything and moving away. But I am ready now and I'm happier for it.

This move is what you need just as your experience with Sanger and California is what you needed too. I can't tell you what you'll learn and experience over there but it's the next step. Just like moving to Fresno was the next step for you in your life four years ago.

MIss you and I hope you guys have a safe trip. come visit!

8:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home