"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So Excited!

Thanks for the posts and comments...

I do have the DVD of the wedding for those interested. I can only stand to see it once. I was giggling 90 percent of the time and the other 10 I look like a dear in headlights. It is sweet, but oh-so-funny. (Malisa...if I get your email addy I can try to send you the link).

Vegas was great. I wish we would have had more time with everyone. That was difficult, but hey...it's Vegas...I am sure you all found something to do! I am just so glad you all chose to share the wedding with us.

So other than being married and knowing Joe'l is tethered to me until death do us part (really-I am NOT going to be divorced twice; it just doesn't look good on the resume')...I am SO EXCITED about work!

Although the back to school meetings have had their boring elements (it's part of the job), the speakers have been fun and funny and the people I work with are so much fun. The staff is predominantly young (35 and under) those that are over still love their jobs. There is so little bitching going on about students or administration that it's almost scarey. I have been at jobs where the first thing people did when someone left the room was get out knives...but not here. OH--I love it.

And...although I said I wouldn't, I am going to coach basketball. I agreed to coach the 8th grade. I think I might want to move up with them. That would be cool, but who knows. I may stay right where I am for a while.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger edluv said...

that's cool that it's a younger staff. not to say that older teachers don't have joy and love for the job, but they often also are tainted by their vast experience. i remember in teacher ed they cautioned us about hanging out in the teacher's lounge as student teachers and even as new ones. don't want to soak up all the bitterness and such.

that, and new teachers may be more likely to experiment, work together, try out what's going on around. or, they're newish from school and have some of the latest techniques.

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home