"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Monday, July 23, 2007

Fresno Race for the Cure...

is October 27.

Stig and I did our first walk 4 years back (I think it was 4 years when the superhero who just had knee surgery decided she could still get 'er done...and did)!

Last year, I walked in Toledo, Ohio with my dad as my mom rode the survivors pacer bus. Unfortunately, it wasn't everything it should have been because I was suffering from an "episode" (polite way of saying I was a mental basket case). I really don't remember much of the event. I went through the day going through the motions but no one was home...

Why am I telling you this?

I made the decision that I will enter this year's race as a racing participant. I am not happy where I was mentally last year focusing too much on the negative and not on the positive. I am not happy that I spend so much time focusing on my weight and not my fitness level.

So, I have begun "training" for my first timed event (Oct. 27). The race is 3.1 miles (5K). Yesterday at the gym, I completed 3 miles in 37 minutes (total of 4 in 50), but it was hard and this morning I am in pain, but I feel good because I have a goal. At least for the next 3 months, I am not going to concern myself with my weight with training for this event.

The goal? 3.1 in 30 minutes.

Wish me luck... while I put down this do-nut! Ha just kidding D'oh!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a great goal and perspective! Good luck to you! I wish I could make it out there for that, but it looks like I have too many trips and not enough money planned =) That's just the way it is...always!

Good luck, let me know how you do!

10:30 AM

 
Blogger edluv said...

that's a good goal. will either jo'el or mads race w/you?

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

No Mads or Joel running with me. Maybe someday Mads will get the itch to accompany me, but Joel says he's built for speed not distance. :)

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

How's about an "almost married" post?

7:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home