"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, March 24, 2007

People are Stupid...

So I have had my car for almost 6 years. Five of those years I have had two bumper stickers permanently affixed to my bumper. One reads, "You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not its assimilated conformists."-Abbie Hoffman. The other simply reads, "Pro-Child/Pro-Choice", which I learned a long time ago gets misunderstood frequently.

Well, my friends, someone(s) decided he (they) didn't like my bumper stickers. Did they try to rip them off my bumper? No. Instead, the jackasses who oppose my freedom of opinion as a dissident...spray painted my bumper. People are stupid. What makes people think they have the right...just because they disagree with your opinion...to deface property? I don't understand.

Conservatives. Republicans. Instead of leaving a note or confronting me... let's instead HIDE behind our actions and do something devious and disrespectful and underhanded. Next thing you know, our country will be involved in a civil war in another country under false pretenses.

AHHHHH~

4 Comments:

Blogger edluv said...

well, it can go both ways. i've frequently thought about defacing support our troops bumper stickers. but, i haven't figured out the best way to get rid of the tr in that saying so it matches.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

I'm all for messing with people's bumper stickers if I disagree with them.

But I definitely want to do it in a way that there is no property damage and is reversible once they figure out what's happened.

8:21 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

I can see that...finding a way to make a point without defacing the property...something fixable. I have to admit that I have been tempted.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

You know Ed, I'll bet a small length of that yellow electrical tape would do the trick and probably wouldn't damage the magnet.

10:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home