"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Blizzard Warning remains in effect for all Northwest Ohio counties

In case some of you were wondering why it may seem like I have a lot of TIME on my hands (as my myspace would seem to suggest)...I DO!

We are under a bit of a "Blizzard Warning." Although we are only supposed to accumulate about 14" of snow, it is the other conditions that are qualifying us for blizzard distinction. The wind gusts are blowing up to 5' snow drifts and visibility is zero in many areas. Driving during a snow emergency will get you a ticket.

Luckily, Mads and I shoveled out once earlier before the level of emergency increased to the point of not being able to be out on the road and went to the grocery store and to the library. Since I have already read the books I need to read for UT and Mads is going stir crazy, we are eating, reading, watching TV, and of course, I am building my myspace.

Myspace has been great fun--especially since I have found the myspaces of some people that I particularly have enjoyed. I am not going to leave names here, but I found a few in particular that had me laughing at the hidden side of people that is revealed when they think no one is looking. Or, there are the ones that KNOW people are looking (like their children) and put pictures of their boobies on them.

It has been a great learning experience for Mads. Hey...if ya can't be at school learning...ya might as well be at home with your mother laughing at other people.

Oh well...I will be home if anyone feels like talking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, it seems like every week there's some kind of scare-the-parents piece on the news about how seedy the internet is and how there are all these predators out there trying to take advantage of kids, especially on Myspace.

It's a great thing that you're doing this with your kid, instead of those silly parents who prefer to remain clueless about "the internets."

Surfing the web together: the anti-drug.

That's a weak joke, but seriously, kudos to you for being hip to the New alongside your kid.

7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home