"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Monday, January 15, 2007

Coffee Shops Make Me Happy!


Before I start my blog...

Let me ask you...WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY BABY?

...I guess the obvious answer is...she turned into a beautiful young lady (at least in THIS picture)!

Anywho...


So, for another night, I am sitting at a coffee shop grading papers. What was I thinking when I said to myself, "I want to be an English teacher?" Every year I think I am going to find a better way to grade papers, and every year I find myself in the same pinch, which is grading almost non-stop around the time grades are due. How am I supposed to measure student learning of writing without having them write and me having to grade it? Damn...I hope to figure it out someday.

At least the smell of coffee makes me happy...although I drank 80 ounces of coffee yesterday and probably just as much today. The withdrawal is going to be hell.

Other than that...making wedding plans, getting ready to move into a new house, coaching my daughter's basketball team (we're 3-0! I rock!), taking two classes at the university, and teaching part-time. I think somewhere in there I am supposed to be a mom, too.

Mads is in a new club at school. It is cool. It teaches the kids to research a topic and then turn it into an improvisational skit. She is excited. Me, too...she actually has something to do to keep her occupied when she says..."I'm bored." Yeah!

Joel is planning to move at the end of February. He will be looking to unload some stuff for free or donations to help him drive across country. If you all know anyone, we've got a sleeper sofa, dining room set, a gently beaten (haha) computer desk, and some kitchen odds and end. It would be nice to get something out of it...but it would be great if we could help people out. Let us know. Or, let me know...and I will let him know.

Joel is really busy, too. Working full time and finishing his degree at Pacific...I know he isn't really good about calling anyone, but if you guys have some leftovers or want to invite him to dinner, I would appreciate it. I know he isn't eating right, if at all...okay, but fast food doesn't count.

Laters

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love the coffee shops too! Geez Mads is just blooming into a beautiful girl!

3:09 PM

 
Blogger kendalljean said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going well for all of you! Kasey and I don't need any furniture but I will see if anyone else does.

As for your coffee shop/grading blunder... it's nice to hear that I am not the only one that tortures myself at the end of the semester. I guess misery really does love company.

Miss ya!

5:56 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

I will be sure to pass that on to Mads, Stig. She'll love to hear that!

Hey...isn't that what deadlines are for, Kendall...to MAKE us get done what we need to! Haha.

Miss you, too!

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home