"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blah

Ellery goes to day care tomorrow.

One more week.

Just one more week with her at home!

Ok...how about til June 5.

Not much to ask for.

According to a recent article I read, teachers are overpaid and underworked babysitters (wonder if they would say this if it were a profession dominated by men)...if all I am doing is babysitting other people's kids...why can't I take my own with me?

Hmmmm.

The mysteries in life.

By the way...as an UNDERPAID and OVERworked English teacher... I resent ANYONE who thinks it is opposite (however...if the state keeps taking away teachers' creative rights in the classroom by throwing more standardized tests at us which keeps our school districts requiring its teachers to teach to the test...yeah...pretty much any trained monkey could do that...I guess.)

Blah.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Mrs/Mom said...

I understand how you feel. I can't imagine letting the little girl go and going back to work to focus on your work rather than your baby. I'll be facing the same in the coming months. I found out last week that I read my days wrong and I only have 9 days to spend with her.

It blows that a profession that we take so seriously and has so much pressure from society to do our best gets no maternity leave and barely make enough to scrape by. We have to do umteen hours of professional development to move higher on the pay scale when we are just accumulating more debt. Oh well. I do love my job and am happy to do it most days.

My thoughts will be with you!

1:03 PM

 
Blogger edluv said...

check out this article

7:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home