"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving 2008

What are you thankful for?

Here are 10 things I am thankful for!

1. My daughter Madissen is sitting on the couch feeding her baby sister, Ellery. It is a fantastic sight! They are both beautiful little girls!

2. My dad--my hero and the first love of my life--is sitting in a chair across the room from me. I love him. I miss him. But, he is here now and I am going to soak him in while I can!

3. My mom is sitting on the couch next to my daughters. There is something special about that generational female connection. My mom taught Madissen how to make her coffee cake and strawberry bread this week. It's nice to become a mom again and be mothered at the same time.

4. My husband is sitting on the floor in front of my daughters drinking a Guinness. I love when we can afford to buy the good stuff.

5. My health is great! Going back to the gym will make me feel even better!

6. I have a great and fulfilling job! I am thankful for this in a time of economic uncertainty.

7. I love the girls that I am coaching. I give them a hard time sometimes, but they pull through. They are the kind of girls I should hope my daughters would become.

8. I have great friends. Thank you Woodys for bringing food in the days after we brought Elle home! Thanks to the Bennett family and the Lewis family, too! It was great seeing Becky and Jay...but sad that it has been almost the same amount of time passed since I saw Adam, Ed, Mike, Heather... I have to work on that.

9. ...I don't need much else...that's enough :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a great day! Our Thanksgiving was pretty simple. We went to the movies to see Bolt and then came home and had chicken tenders and french fries! I'll do some real cooking this weekend.

6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home