"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, November 27, 2008

R.I.P Simon (2/1995-11/2008)




At 3:15 this morning, Simon was put down due to unexpected circumstances. Around 2 a.m. he began crying trying to dislodge a hair ball. In the act of this, he apparently threw a clot that had been developing due to a heart murmur that he has had from birth. Sadly, this paralyzed his hind legs and prevented him from walking while causing him pain. According to the vet, there was nothing we could have done to prevent it. We chose to have Simon pass with the dignity and respect he deserved for all of the years of love and comfort he provided for us.
Simon was my best furry friend. He was there with me through everything in the last 13 years. Ohio. College. Marriage. Graduation. Child birth. Divorce. Michigan. California. Heart break. True love. Marriage. Another child birth. And so much more.
Today, on this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the years he was with me.
I am thankful that I was home for him.
I am thankful that Joel, Mads, and I were there with him in the end.
I am thankful that my mom was here to sit with Elle during that difficult time.
Why does it take death to make us realize how precious time is?
Thank you, Simon for making sure that this Thanksgiving and everyday that I will not take those I love for granted. I am just sorry I didn't tell him I loved him everyday.
RIP Simon.


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry, Bec.

6:30 PM

 
Blogger kat869 said...

Becky & Madissen,
Cody & I are extremely sorry to hear about Simey...he had been with you through thick & thin, & in the end, you were there for him.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger edluv said...

wow, sorry to hear that. my condolences.

it's good you were able to enjoy so many years with him.

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home