"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Personal, Not Political...

Ok...Now that I have ranted...

Let's bring the focus back to the realities of my life in recent days from a personal level.

Madissen played in her first competitive basketball game on Monday. She is on the seventh grade basketball team as a sixth grader. I couldn't go because it was in Coalinga--a little too far from home right now. Her team won 20-6. She scored 12 points. :) And played pretty well on the defensive end from what I hear.

Well--I got to go watch her play last night because it was a home game. It was so much fun to watch her play. She gets the game pretty well. She posts up AND plays the guard sometimes. They won 14-4...she eventually was asked to sit for the marjority of the second half because she already had 8 points and was having to easy of a time with the other team. She was upset because the other team was so late they played 5 minute running quarters so she didn't get to play much, but she is learning to be a good sport still.

---

Ellery is doing well. She doesn't play basketball yet, but between sleeping, eating, and pooping...she doesn't have much time. It is hard to tell if she is getting bigger because she is newborn, she stays squished up like she is still in the womb. She eats well--we have her on soy formula right now and she seems to like that. I didn't take her to Mads's game last night because I thought she was too little. I didn't realize people think I am not a good mom because I went to watch my other daughter without my newborn who was home spending quality time with her daddy--ok, no, no one said it, but it was the "how can you leave her...don't you want to be home with her" comments that hurt my feelings. Of course, I love her! But, I have 2 kids who need me. Oh well...Mads loved that I was there and Elle had a nice time bonding with daddy.

---

Joe'l is exhausted! Keep him in your positive thoughts!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home