"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sabotage

I can write.

I can express my feelings and thoughts through the written word.

My heart is revealed, my mind is exposed, and my deepest desires unfold before my own eyes.

So, why can't I talk to him? Why can't the same words in my mind that flow so freely through my fingertips, make their way through my lips?

I cry. I stumble. I can't make proper eye contact. I say half of what I mean. It is vague. It is silly. It comes out wrong. I cry some more.

I trust him. I am scared. I am scared because I am scarred. My fear pushes him away. It casts doubt.

He is the future that can erase my past.

The irony. Words. My gift. My nemesis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home