"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Friday, April 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

32. I am 32 and about to start life over.

I was married at 20...had a baby at 23.

...So, because of the decisions I made at an early age, I had to finish my degree and then enter the work force.

Graduate school had to wait. More money had to wait. Career aspirations had to wait.

And now?

I am not financially secure right now. I don't have enough money in a savings account to protect against anything major.

I do have support. I have family and I have friends and I am happy. I am happy in a way I didn't know was possibe.

Life is being rewritten.

32 isn't so bad. It's a new beginning.

2 Comments:

Blogger kendalljean said...

Happy Birthday! It's all going to fall right into place... and you are smarter, more well rounded, and more experienced for all of your earlier life choices. I am so excited to see how this next page unfolds for you!

2:30 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks, Kendall! I forget a lot of times that experience is education. I will benefit for the next phase in my life because of where I have been.

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home