"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, April 02, 2006

News...NEws...NEWs...NEWS

So I have decided recently to jump on the moving bandwagon. Yes, it is true; I have decided to move back to Michigan...for how long I do not know.

I am struggling with this decision and am looking for a little peace concerning the decision. Based on many months of thinking and a lot of discussions with Joe'l, I arrived at the decision to move back to the Midwest.

Living here is selfish for me. It is not where my daughter belongs. It is where I belong.
But, wherever my daughter is happy is where I really beong. Our relationship is so strained that I don't want to lose her when she is older. I feel like I will if I don't give her the opportunity to learn why I left.

Maybe what I have given her from this experience is the ability to understand that friends can become family. They have for me. I will miss the presence of so many I have gotten close to. I will miss my job. I will miss Sanger students.

Joe'l is going with me...makes the decision easier.

One hell of a going away party needs to be planned.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aravind Raghu said...

The blog has a sense of depth. In reality it means something that is not part of it!

Good going!

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

Wow, when is this happening?

9:51 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Leaving around the same time as Stig. Big caravan, maybe! It seemed like it's been a long time coming. I have just been waiting for the right time.

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Can you wait to head out until Scott and I get back? We would love to see you!

But on a less selfish note... I am glad that you have made a decision to do this. It sounds like it is what needs to be done.

Okay, back to being selfish... I REALLY want to see you bust out New York one more time. Puleeeezzzz????

5:59 PM

 
Blogger edluv said...

what's jo'el going to do out in those parts?

but congrats. i hope it works out well out there for you and the fam. and we'll definately enjoy a going away party with you all.

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home