"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sorry So Late, Ed--But here's 8

This post is in response to Ed calling me out--okay, so he just "tagged" me, but I forgot. I never claimed to be the best blogger, but as I am sitting here watching Monday Night Football and putting off doing any meaningful work...I think it is time I respond to Ed's 8 random facts about himself with 8 random facts of my own!

1. I have not missed voting in any election since I was old enough in 1992. Why do I think this is worth mentioning about myself? Well...I lived in Ohio then...then Michigan...then Ohio...then California...then Ohio...now back in California! Whoo-hoo! This next election will be my first absentee ballot--but still not going to miss it! Too important!

2. When I was in third grade, I poured boiling water with macaroni in it down my right leg. It was insane. Still think of it everytime I make mac-n-cheese. It was painful, but nothing can keep me from mac-n-cheese.

3. When I was in high school, I went to an evangelical church with a friend. I thought it was pretty cool until the pastor had an alter call for lost souls...I went up to the alter. He was crying--but there were no tears. I left.

4. I prefer red wine to white wine.

5. The thing I have the most difficulty coping with is my parents' age. There comes a point in a person's life where he/she realizes just how precious parents are and I have, but I have also realized that my parents aren't in their 40s or 50s anymore. I worry about them. I wake up daily and go to bed every evening sending them silent words of love and protection--but in the heart of the little girl inside of me...my daddy is still 50 he just moves at the pace of 71.

6. October 25 will mark the 6th Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure I will have participated in. Even though I will not be walking the route, I will still be there and I am taking the biggest team I have ever taken. My girls' basketball team is going and many of their mothers have asked to join. I am so honored to be doing this for all women, but especially Deana Stiglich and Deena Harp. We have a sponsor this year and have T-shirt donated to us that read "In memory of Deana Stiglich" and "In celebration of Deena Harp" on the back. The front says LHS Lady Hawks with a basketball and a pink ribbon on the inside. To "The Mrs." one of these shirt will be headed your way. If anyone wants to donate...email me!

7. Any Sam Adams beer is my favorite. Sorry Harp.

8. I wish we still lived in Tower.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love what you're doing for the Susan G. Komen walk! It's amazing that I've known you all my life, and I'm still learning things about you! Don't be so quick to make dad 71 years old, that means I'm 41 and I'm not quite ready for that yet!

9:14 PM

 
Blogger The Mrs/Mom said...

I love you so much! Thank you that just made my day. I almost did the Colorado springs one and time passed and the day that it was I realized too late.

I'm so proud of you for taking your team. You are such a gift to them.

Again I love you so much!!!!

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

I wish you still lived in the Tower too.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger edluv said...

wow, that was a long time ago, over a year. crazy. but, i did move you into the regulars.

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home