"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I never thought I would miss it so much.
Home--Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
Home is where the trees are green and thick and lush this time of year…and there is a group of them in this thing they call a forest. And, in that forest, there are paths cut for people to walk, jog, run, ride a bike…or just stroll along listening to the sounds of the birds and watching little animals scurry through the underbrush.
Home is where the humidity is so thick, you are sweating with no exertion.
Home is where my dad and mom are. I want to help them live better lives. I just feel like my dad needs me as much as I need him.
Home is where my family is, too. I don’t know how I’ll not share this pregnancy with my sister. Who will I hit the clearance racks for the next season with?
Home is where my friends are. Sara…my other female half.
Home is where I can drive an hour to see the University of Michigan, 3 hours to a Bears game, 1 hour to the Pistons and Shock.
Home is where Mads would have grandparents, aunts and uncles, trips to Tennessee and Kentucky.
Home is where family offers their house and a meal when your budget is tight and there's is, too.

But isn’t home where he is, too? Too bad the two don’t like each other.

Because what it means is…I have no home.

I am extremely homesick right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger edluv said...

sorry to hear you're missing it all so bad. it's small comfort, but you can still drive 3 hours to see the bears play, although it won't be a home game.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks, Ed. I know there are plenty of things around here to do and I know I have friends (I need to seek them out a little better)-- I will keep that in mind--I could also drive about 15 minutes to see some good friends in Tower!

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A very small part of Northwest Ohio misses you, too.

4:31 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

If you ever wanna have a cup a coffee or tea or something, you just ring me up and we'll chit chat somewhere. My treat. But no double shots! Kidding, kidding.

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home