"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, April 26, 2008

8 a.m. I must be...old

It is early Saturday morning and I am sitting here watching CMT. I know a lot of people who either love or hate country music...not many in betweeners. I guess what I didn't realize is how "dangerous" the videos have become. Did Shania Twain's belly button really nead to all of this? Having an 11 year-old, I always considered that country music was a "safe" alternative than listening to regular pop music or rap music. And even after watching these "dangerous" videos this morning, I still think so. There is skin and references to sex and drinking, but they're not actually doing it. And, Mads and I have bonded over this country music thing going to Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift and maybe Brad Paisley this summer. I don't think I could take her to Flo-Rida.

Or, maybe this just means I am old.

:)

B

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it sad how the music that we listened to in our youth is the stuff that gives us a headache now? LOL! I know exactly where you're coming from.

4:15 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

You just need to introduce her to country music's good half: the old stuff.

12:43 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yeah...old...I don't really have a "headache" from some music, it's just so inappropriate for Madissen.

Any good suggestions Adam?

9:31 PM

 
Blogger edluv said...

john cash
willie nelson
waylon jennings
david alan coe
merle haggard
patsy cline (kline?)
maybe even dolly parton.
loretta lynn

10:18 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

Ed took care of my list. Thanks Ed.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger edluv said...

although,i can't guarantee they're any more appropriate. i mean, the songs may not be overtly sexual, but they're still going to be about drinking, drugs, infidelity, you know, country stuff.

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home