"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Vacation based on food!

My parents are coming for a visit from March 13 to March 21. I am really excited. They are bringing my nephew with them.

Funny, the email I sent my parents was an itinerary of where I wanted to take them...when I looked at it...it was based on food! Haha!

We have Grogg's for traditional Irish faire on St. Patty's Day.

We have Splash Cafe in Pismo for clam chowder.

We have BBQ at Everett & Jones in Oakland.

We have Indian gaming for fun and buffet!

We have to take the kids for a co-birthday party at John's Incredible.

We have La Boulangerie for pastries and the like.

Any suggestions? I want to take them into Tower, but I am not sure what the seventies Midwestern couple would appreciate...any advice?

5 Comments:

Blogger edluv said...

burgers @ irene's might be up their alley. it's not tower posh, but it's sure good for that. and, although i haven't been there in a while rousseau has always done me well (don't know if they still don't take credit cards).

if you want to shell out mad money, i love the manhatten (bullard & west?).

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, here's your advice...you should have asked ME to go! ME! ME! Not your nephew...ME! You know, your SISTER!

Have fun! I helped mom pick out some "walking" shoes for the trip. She's looking at stuff that will match and be cute! I'm trying to make her understand that Match + Cute does NOT = Comfort!

4:17 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

Yeah, I'd suggest Irene's as well or if they like the brews, you could always take them into Sequoia and let them enjoy some local micros.

And, if they like dinner theater, there's always Roger Rockas or Second Space.

And don't forget Chicken Pie Shop for some greasy diner breakfast fare.

7:45 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

When you're in Pismo, be sure to get some salt-water taffy. It's so good!

9:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun on your trip, that is going to be lots of fun!

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home