"The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say." --Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Many happy returns...

So my first post dealt with my daughter being one of thirty out of four hundred students at her school to make the principal's honor list for having a 4.0.

Tonight I received another gift I was not expecting...

My daughter made the "Under 9" All-Star soccer team. Now this was a particularly beautiful smile I received from my daughter as she had just gotten her teeth cleaned at the dentist only minutes prior to the news.

Hard work as a parent is providing me as many happy returns as it is my daughter.

She is beginning now to reap the benefits of her own intellect and hard athletic work. She has confidence and faith in her abilities, as others are affirming what she wasn't really sure of.

She patted me on the back. I hugged her.

Happy Holidays!

10 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Yay M! Let her know I said congratulations. Although, I was sort of hoping she'd turn out more nerdy. There's already way too many jocks hanging around our group. In fact, I think I might be the only one that isn't.

8:36 AM

 
Blogger timidvenus said...

heather isnt a jock, is she?

where is a picture of the clean smile?

but, way to go!!!

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

I did take a picture, but didn't get it uploaded. She has been flashing those pearly almost whites since we got home last night!

Haha

9:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be loads of fun to embarrass the hell out of her at her All Star Game. I mean go super nerd on her. I'm willing to ham it up a bit....anyone with me?

11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and to Adam.....nanoo nanoo! I had to I just had to!

11:21 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

All Star Tournament is the weekend of January 14th/15th!

Nerds Welcome (It's in Hanford)

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Adam said...

Good call on Heather, Sara. Although, I hear she's big on the yoga now and lots of athletes do the yoga.

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

Isn't there an event in the decathalon for carpentry?

7:08 PM

 
Blogger edluv said...

come on adam, you play pool







pocket pool

(wah wah)

4:52 PM

 
Blogger timidvenus said...

wow ed, i peed a little laughing reading that one...

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home